“Stormwater” means rain water runoff, snow melt, and other drainage that travels through a conveyance system, which ultimately unloads onto the ground or into a local body of water, such as a lake, stream, or river. Because stormwater is not routinely tested or treated, it is vital that it is not polluted as it travels the Stormwater System. The Federal Government has mandated that cities take certain steps to ensure that stormwater is not contaminated within the city.
Stormwater Operations is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the City’s Stormwater System. The Streets Division, Stormwater staff will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the following assets:
- Mainline inspection; cleaning and repair – emergency and routine Catch Basin maintenance
- Cleaning and repair – emergency and routine Stormwater manhole maintenance
- Repair of street, curb and gutter sweeping/cleaning and debris removal
- Open, dirt, and concrete ditches and swales – emergency and periodic maintenance
- Drywell inspections with recommendations for service or replacement
- Stormwater retention basins
- Bridge repair and periodic maintenance, as recommended by the State
For additional information, please call 623-773-7432.