Sustainability Action Plan: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Goals and measures for this category:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Create efficiencies in city operations by reducing the number of office machines in use, standardizing the procurement of future office equipment, and reducing the need for paper.
- Increase the use of green office supplies while reducing costs. Encourage green procurement standards by purchasing recycled material.
- Adopt a policy or directive for standardizing copiers to include a fax card and a print card.
- Implement a Commercial Recycling Program
- Expand the recycling program and minimize the use of toxic products in City operations.
- Implement a Plastic Bag Reduction Program.
- Develop donation and composting programs for restaurants and food service operations in the City.
The measurements of success in this category will be purchasing dollars saved, recycling rates, and the reuse and diversion rates of solid waste to recyclable.