PEORIA, Ariz. (Oct. 1, 2009) – Peoria’s Economic Development Services
Department is sponsoring a free small-business resource seminar from 6 p.m. to 8
p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 21, on the importance of e-marketing and creating a
great Web site.
Titled “Nobody Knows You’re a Dog” – a reference to the fact that, on the
Internet, you are who you present yourself to be – the session will focus on:
• Understanding how and why things work in Web
• Turning a Web site from just an online brochure to an Internet destination.
• E-mail marketing and what it can do for a small business.
• Search-engine optimization and how search engines cozy up to a Web site.
• Employing social media to boost Web hits.
• Pay-per-click and other types of Web advertising.
• How to determine if a Web site is doing its job.
Cerrone has an extensive background in marketing and advertising. He offers
guidance on creating effective and visually appealing Web sites, as well as
marketing and public relations consulting. He follows up and focuses on learning
about consumer’s Internet patterns while visiting his client’s Web sites.
A Peoria resident,
Cerrone earned a bachelor’s degree in Communications from Arizona State
University and graduated magna cum laude. He is certified in computer repair,
Web design, graphic design and post-production editing.
The seminar will be in
the Pine Room at Peoria City Hall, 8401 W. Monroe St. For more information and
to register, please call Debbie Pearson at 623-773-5210 or e-mail
Registration for the seminar closes on Oct. 20.