The City Council is
scheduled to hold work sessions on Peoria’s fiscal 2009 budget from Wednesday,
April 23, through Monday, May 5. Councilmembers will hear presentations
regarding each city department, plus a few major programs. All of the meetings
will be held in the Peoria Room of the Public Safety Administration Building,
8351 W. Cinnabar Ave., and televised live on Peoria Channel 11.
• Wednesday, April 23, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – City Manager’s message, process
discussion, financial overview, cost-of-service study and Capital Improvement
Plan (CIP) review.
• Friday, April 25, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Community Services and Public Works
departments, and City Clerk’s Office.
• Tuesday, April 29, 3:30 p.m. to 6:50 p.m. – Communications and Public Affairs,
Engineering and Information Technology departments; City Attorney, City Council
and City Manager offices.
• Thursday, May 1, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Community Development, Economic
Development, Fire and Police departments.
• Saturday, May 3, 9 a.m. to 2:20 p.m. – Budget, Finance, Human Resources and
Utilities departments, Municipal Court and non-departmental matters.
• Monday, May 5, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – If needed.
For details on the proposed budget, visit