City of Peoria Press Release
Printer Friendly Version
Peoria Upgrades Key Intersections in Oldtown
The city is poised to
begin road work on the Grand Avenue intersections with Peoria and 83rd avenues.
Motorists can expect lane restrictions, but the city will maintain access for
residents, businesses and emergency vehicles at all times. The project will
• A new right-turn lane from westbound Peoria Avenue to westbound Grand Avenue.
• An extension of the left-turn pocket for eastbound Grand Avenue to eastbound
• Closure of the median opening on Grand Avenue at 84th Avenue.
• An extension of the existing raised median on Peoria Avenue west of Grand
• Railroad crossing signal improvements and pavement rehabilitation on 83rd
Complete closures of Peoria and 83rd avenues at the railroad tracks will be
required, but the city will do one at a time so the two roadways are not closed
simultaneously. The project is slated for completion by the end of the year. For
more information and updates, visit