PEORIA, Ariz. (May
12, 2010) – The Water - Use It Wisely partners have constructed a 16-foot
pyramid, comprising 136 1-gallon bottles, to provide a striking visual of the
amount of water used daily by an average Valley resident.
The pyramid, part of a
regional water-conservation-awareness campaign called Water Use It Wisely, is on
display through May in the City Hall lobby.
Where do those 136
gallons go? Here is a breakdown:
• 74 gallons are used outside in the landscape, pools, leaks, etc.;
• 22 gallons are used for household cleaning, including dish washing and
• 18 gallons are used for flushing toilets;
• 16 gallons are used for showers and baths; and
• 6 gallons go to drinking, in-home water purifiers, cooking and leaks.
For more information on
using water more efficiently, visit
www.wateruseitwisely.com. To learn about Peoria’s Water Conservation Rebate