Special Interest Class Program
The City of Peoria's Special Interest Class Program offers over 100 leisure and personal development classes every quarter! From Fencing to Swing Dance, Tai Chi to Digital Photography, we provide learning opportunities for everyone! New classes debut every quarter and "fan favorites" repeat!
Our Mission: To enrich the lives of Peoria citizens, through affordable classes geared to promote healthy lifestyles, quality use of leisure time, avocational skill development, and community connection.
Geared for children ages 2-6 years, classes provide an introduction to a variety of activities, promoting group socialization, skill development, and leisure exploration.
School-age children can learn new skills and explore leisure interests during classes and workshops offered after school, on weekends, and during school breaks.
Adults of all ages can try new activities or fine-tune existing leisure skills during our evening and weekend classes and workshops.
Register Now! or call (623) 773-7137 (Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Do you have a special talent or skill you would like to teach to others? We'd like to hear about it! Please complete our Class Proposal Form and subscribe to receive electronic notices of new job postings at www.PeoriaAz.gov/Jobs.
Do you have a class topic idea or suggestion? Contact Andrea.Tranganza@peoriaaz.gov to submit your idea!
Course Fees: If you live within the corporate limits of the City of Peoria and pay property taxes to the City, you are eligible to pay the advertised "resident rate" for courses. Non-Residents pay an additional $9. Proof of residency is required at the time we create a registration account for your household. Acceptable proof includes a copy of your property tax statement or utility bill, showing the physical location of your residence. Contact Peoria Community Services for more information. (623) 773-7137. Please note that supply fees paid directly to the instructor are non-refundable.
Satisfaction Guaranteed! If you are not fully satisfied with a class, please contact the program staff to withdraw before the 3rd class meeting, to receive a full refund or credit to apply to another class or program. One-time workshops will be credited only.
Registration: You may register for most classes up until the first day of class, if space permits. Classes may be cancelled, however, if the required minimum number of registration is not met within 3-5 days of the start date. Early registration is recommended!
General Registration Policies
- Registration fees are due at the time of registration, prior to attending any class.
- Receipts are available online at www.PeoriaAz.gov/Recreation or upon request.
- Unless a class is advertised as "Parent-Child," parents must remain outside the classroom during class.
- Non-registered siblings and other individuals are not allowed to attend class.
- Those on waitlists will be contacted via telephone or email if space permits additional registrations.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be notified via email or telephone, and full refund or credit will be given.
- If a class is cancelled due to instructor illness, rain-out, or other administrative reason, students will receive a make-up class or pro-rated credit.
GetACTIVE Brochure - News, Recreation, Parks, Libraries and Sports Complexes
Special Interest Class Program Staff
Heather Duffett, Recreation Program Supervisor - 623-773-8625
Andrea Traganza, Recreation Coordinator - 623-773-8623