Youth Sports Programs
Summer 014 Sports and Age Groups
NO SUMMER SEASON
Ages 5-6 Coed
NO SUMMER SEASON
NO SUMMER SEASON
NO SUMMER SEASON
Summer 2014 Registration Dates
|Season: ||Practices begin May 27; Games begin June 2 |
|Registration Fee: ||$70 Peoria Resident / $100 Non-Resident|
Tuesday, May 6
**Save $20 if you register by April 30, 2014
Registration is based on child age as of May 27, 2014
*Children will be placed on a waitlist following the deadline. **No requests are guaranteed.**
Volunteer Coaches are Always Welcome! Please complete the Coach's Application below and submit it using the "Submit by Email" button at the top to start the process.Coach's Application
- Register Online Using RecConnect.
- Call Customer Service staff at 623-773-7137 during business hours (Monday-Thursday,7am-6pm).
The RESIDENT RATE APPLIES if where you permanently reside or live is located within the corporate limits of the City of Peoria and you pay property taxes to the City. Proof of residency is required at the time of registration. Acceptable proof is a copy of your property tax statement showing the physical location of your residence or we can look this up at http://www.maricopa.gov/Assessor/GIS/map.html
County Island residents who do not pay taxes directly to the City of Peoria are not eligible for the resident rate. Children who attend schools in the Peoria Unified School District are not automatically considered Peoria residents – the above mentioned residency requirement still applies.
Participants looking to play up an age group can apply for consideration using the Youth Age Waiver Application. Requests will be reviewed by the Youth Sports Coordinator and must be submitted prior to registration for the season. Formal registrations must be done by phone or in person.
The Youth Sports Program embraces the philosophy of "Total Recreation" - Developing young athletes' physical, mental and emotional attributes through a unique sports experience. We strive to develop and maintain a "FUN" sporting environment that fosters success in lifelong skills, and most importantly, SPORTSMANSHIP - the corner stone of the program.
Please register by locating the barcode corresponding to your child's sport and age. You will need to select the closest public school during the registration process. This is for team formulations purposes only. This does NOT guarantee team practices or games will be played at these locations.
Peoria Sports Sponsorship Opportunities
Rain Out Line: 623-773-7575
When rain is in the forecast, or has already occurred, on a day when youth games/matches are scheduled (usually Saturdays), the Peoria Sports Rainout Hotline will be updated by 7am with information about if games/matches will be played that day or not. Note that morning games/matches may be cancelled or postponed while afternoon games may be played as normal. Games are rarely cancelled due directly to rain; they are most often cancelled due to field/playing conditions being unsafe (a decision that is at the discretion of Peoria Youth Sports Staff). It is recommended that coaches and parents check in periodically during the morning for any updates about the situation and a particular site or sport. Additional instructions will normally be included on the recorded message as well. It is the policy of Peoria Youth Sports not to make up youth sports game/matches that are cancelled.
Why You Haven't Been Contacted By A Youth Sports Coach
Rosters are given to the coaches to contact the players assigned to their team at coaches meetings the week prior to the start of practices. Coaches are asked to contact each player on their roster as soon as time allows. Practices are normally scheduled to officially begin two weeks prior to the first game/match, but this may vary depending on the season. Some of the reasons why a player would not have heard from a youth sports coach include:
- The coach did not receive the best or most up to date contact information for your family. This includes a main phone number and e-mail address. To verify your current contact information:
- Log-in to your RecConnect account at http://recreation.peoriaaz.gov.
- Contact the Community Services Department at (623)773-7137 to update your information anytime Monday - Thursday from 7am-6pm.
- The coach was not able to attend the coaches meeting and will be meeting with the Peoria Youth Sports staff individually to pick up their information.
- A coach has not been selected for the roster your child has been assigned to. Somewhere between 5-10% of teams do not have a coach by the meeting. A team has never gone without a coach or had to be broken up or refunded money because one was not found. When this occurs the following steps are taken.
- Parents are e-mailed about there not being a coach for the team their child was assigned to with the request that they consider taking on the coaching responsibilities for that season.
- Phone calls are then made to each parent updating them about the situation and making the same request to consider coaching.
- Finally, the team is brought together at a practice location in the area of Peoria where the majority of the players have indicated they live and a Peoria Youth Sports staff member conducts a practice, with the intent of leaving the facility having identified which parent will coach the team for that season.
If by the week prior to the first games/matches you have not heard from either a coach or a representative from the city, please call the Community Services Main Desk at (623)773-7137 for an update about your specific situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to get these issues resolved as fast as possible.
City of Peoria Waiver of Liability
While every precaution is taken to ensure the safety of all participants, any sporting activity does come with inherent risk. Please review the Waiver of Liability below, which you agree to when you register your child.
I/we hereby release and forever discharge Peoria Unified School District and the City of Peoria, an Arizona municipal corporation, its elected and appointed officials, directors, officers, boards, commissions, agents, representatives, servants, and employees, and any and all other persons, firms, or corporations who are or might be liable, from any and all claims of any kind or character which I/we have or may have against them due to my participation, or my child’s participation, in a City of Peoria recreation program at a Peoria Unified School District facility. This waiver includes all damages, losses, costs, expenses, and injuries that allegedly occur during the course of this recreation program. In that regard, I/we covenant to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law the foregoing persons and entities from any loss or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses, which may be incurred by them in the event any such claims are asserted against them or any of them. I/we understand that medical claims are my/our responsibility. This waiver does not extend to any such claim or liability that is caused by the sole and exclusive intentional acts or gross negligence of Peoria Unified School District and/or the City of Peoria or its officers, employees, or agents.