The City of Peoria's Web Privacy Statement
Most of the information accessible on the City's website does not require you to identify yourself at all. You may access it anonymously. However, the City of Peoria does collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it. We endeavour to collect only as much personal information as is absolutely necessary to assist you in conducting business with the City via the website.
The City of Peoria endeavours to provide you with multiple service "channels" for conducting City business (e.g. walk-in, mail-in, fax-in, phone-in, etc.) in addition to the Web. If at any time you have concerns about using the Web channel to conduct your City business, you can rest assured that we will always provide you with an alternative (traditional) service channel as an option.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for services, products or further information
- To communicate with you regarding services or products that you have requested - for example to send you a statement or a receipt
- To identify you if you have a query or concern about the service or product that you have requested
- To advise you about changes to our web service offerings and of service interruptions
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes (eg. name, address, postal code, telephone number, etc.), or you no longer desire our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove this information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The City of Peoria is the sole owner of the information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and gain your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the City of Peoria unless we first notify you and ask your permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below.
The City may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- For the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill.
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track clients' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may occasionally report aggregated demographic information in the form of reports and statistics but this is not linked to any personal information that can be used to identify any individual person.
- From time-to-time our site may request information from you via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you have a choice of whether or not to disclose the information requested. Survey information will be used solely for the purposes of monitoring and/or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. If you choose not to participate in surveys, you will still be able to use our site or request services or products from us.
Protection of Personal Information
The City of Peoria makes reasonable efforts to protect your personal information on the Internet. We protect your account information by requiring you to enter a unique Login ID and Password each time you want to access your account information. Your Password should never be shared with anyone.
The City uses SSL encryption technology to protect personal information (eg. credit card numbers, etc.) during transmission. A security icon will appear in your browser window to indicate that you are using a secure site.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com
Information You Provide
Information collected from applications submitted online will be treated in the same manner as an application submitted in hard copy to the city. The information you disclose to the city will generally become a matter of public record pursuant to state law. (see a.r.s. §39-121, et seq.,) This means that the city is generally required to divulge this information in response to a public records request or in response to a warrant, subpoena or other court order.
The applicable city website may require that you enter personal information (e.g., your name, home address, birth date, social security number, credit card number and similar information) when obtaining services described on that website. This information is solely for the purposes of providing these services and will not be disclosed by the city to third parties except as outlined in this policy.
There may be certain exceptions to the City's Privacy Statement. Any and all exceptions will be CLEARLY identified at the moment that information is being gathered.
Notification of Changes to the Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post those changes on the City's home page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under which circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Links to Other Websites
The City's website contains links to other sites (eg. community links, business links, etc.). Please be aware that the City of Peoria cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. When you leave our site, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of each and every website that you visit before you provide any personal information. The City's privacy statement applies solely to information collected on the City's website.
Neither the City of Peoria, its agencies, officers, employees or contractors of the city warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published on any third party websites. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from such sites does so at their risk.