Household Hazardous Waste
The city of Peoria sponsors various collection days throughout the year. Our goal is to divert all household hazardous waste from area landfills and recycle or dispose of it properly. For additional information, please call the Solid Waste Division at 623-773-7160.
Glendale is now providing Peoria residents a permanent drop-off location for electronics recycling. The electronics recycling (E-Waste) program offers a convenient way to recycle unwanted electronic items safely and responsibly. The E-Waste drop-off area is located at the Glendale Landfill. Peoria residents can bring both working and non-working electronic items to the landfill anytime during regular operating hours, and the program is free of charge.
Household Hazardous Waste Schedule
|Saturday, November 2, 2013 Saturday, January 25, 2014
||8:00 am to Noon 8:00 am to Noon
||Lake Pleasant Town CenterLocated at intersection of W. Happy Valley Prkwy & N. Lake Pleasant PrkwyPlease enter off Yearling Road. Click HERE for a map. City of Peoria Municipal Operations Complex. Located at 8850 N. 79th Avenue, Peoria AZ, 85345. Please enter off of 79th Avenue just south of Olive Avenue. Click HERE for a map.
Paint - Limit 5 gallons per household
E - waste**
Motor Oil - Limit 5 gallons per household
Antifreeze - Limit 5 gallons per household
Tires - 4 per household - remove rims
*Please contact the Environmental Resources Division with questions about materials not listed here.
**For more information on Peoria's electronic waste recycling program click HERE.
Medical Waste / Prescription drugs
Commercial Waste or large quantities
When bringing HHW items, remember these tips
- Please bring with you a current water bill or drivers license as proof of residency.
- If possible, seal items in their original containers or clearly label all items not in their original containers.
- Place items in a cardboard box that we can recycle for you. Wrap glass bottles in cloth or newspaper so that they do not break while transporting.
- Do not bring your items in plastic or cardboard boxes that you wish to keep, this increases the amount of time our staff spends unloading your vehicle and increases the wait for others.
- Follow directions once you reach the event site, drive carefully.
- When you arrive at the event staff will unload the HHW materials from your vehicle.
- Please turn off your vehicle and stay inside your vehicle at all times.
Click here for additional recycling and disposal resources.
For more information, contact us during our business hours, 7 am - 6 pm - Monday through Thursday, at 623-773-7160 or e-mail us at Recycling@peoriaaz.gov.