Neighborhood Livability - Streetlight Infill Program
What is the Streetlight Infill Program?
Each year, the city of Peoria allocates funds for neighborhood improvement projects. Through the Streetlight Infill Program, residents may request to have additional street lighting installed in their neighborhood. This program only applies to established neighborhoods (infill), and not those communities which are still under construction.
Who can apply?
- Traditional neighborhoods
- Formal associations, such as HOA communities
- Individual residents
What is the process?
- Obtain an information packet, application, and forms.
- Return the completed application and forms by the deadline.
- The city will then conduct a study to determine if additional street lighting is necessary. Factors that are taken into consideration are:
- Comfort for vehicular and pedestrian traffic
- Adequate space for the pole & hardware
- Access for installation
- Power source (Note: Affected neighbors may be asked to sign a consent form).
4. Successful applicant(s) will be notified by mail and are announced online at www.peoriaaz.gov/Streets.
5. City staff will coordinate construction and installation of the new street lighting.
Download the Streetlight Infill Program Brochure.