The mission of the volunteer program is twofold. The department will provide a rewarding experience to citizens with a desire to share their time and talents to better serve the community. Secondly, the program will provide quality and cost effective delivery of services which further the mission of the department to improve the quality of life in our city.
Though the department has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities, we are currently looking for candidates interested in community outreach, community events, senior outreach and public education. We value your special skills and experience and will try to match you up with a volunteer experience that best utilizes these skills.
The department exists to provide the highest quality services to Peoria residents, and the volunteer program reflects that philosophy. Potential volunteers are screened and selected based on their ability to project a positive image and meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have no felony convictions, or misdemeanors involving moral turpitude.
- Some assignments require the possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license
- Posses an acceptable driving record, without criminal traffic violations in the past three years.
- Be available for contact by phone.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Be able to donate at least 4 hours per month as a volunteer.
Other ways to help
Not all members of the community have the ability to give their time to a volunteer effort but many would still like to help. Many of the Fire Department’s programs are run exclusively on community donations. If you are interested in donating more than your time contact the Tim Eiden.
Download a volunteer application »
Completed applications can be returned to Peoria Fire Department 8401 W Monroe St. Peoria, AZ 85345 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or for more information contact Tim Eiden at 623-773-7919