Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program – up to $250
How it works: A smart irrigation controller controls your irrigation system by automatically turning the control valves on and off at pre-selected times and in response to environmental conditions such as rain, heat and evapotranspiration. A smart irrigation controller that is properly installed and programmed will maintain plant health and reduce water consumption.
These systems use weather information and site conditions to determine how much water to apply and when to irrigate. Weather-based smart controllers draw upon a variety of climatic conditions. Some controllers utilize historic weather data supplemented with on-site weather data. Other controllers rely on a subscription service to download evaporatranspiration values daily. Soil moiture sensor smart controllers measure moisture in the soil with buried probes, to determine irrigation needs.
Once these systems are installed and programmed, they usually require no additional monitoring and will irrigate the landscape at peak efficiency and at appropriate times.
Required Features: The installed smart irrigation controller must have sensor capability that automatically adjusts watering in response to environmental changes such as temperature, wind, rain and evapotranspiration. Please feel free to contact the City's water conservation team with any questions about this requirement.
- Check your water bill to verify that you are a City of Peoria water customer.
- Purchase a smart irrigation controller that possesses all the required reatures. For a list of Irrigation Assocation tested smart irrigation controllers click HERE.
- Verify the receipt / invoice lists the actual cost of the smart controller; excluding taxes and installation fees.
- Install your new smart controller or have it installed.
- Submit completed application with reciept / invoice.
- It may take up to 2 billing cycles for credit to post to your account.
- Smart irrigation controller purchased on or after July 1, 2015.
Environmental Resources Division